header image

Another week, another adventure

Posted by: | April 28, 2012 | 3 Comments |

Ok, so I apologize for not being as up to date as I originally said I would. The weekends are always full with busy activities and seeing friends and family that I never seem to have enough time to update my blog. So I’m going to aim for a post every 2 weeks. I hope that is ok with everyone!

Working hard to build a garden

The past few weeks have been great. With some hints of summer, we have been trying to organise the garden. I have planted my herb garden and the kids worked on moving the rocks from the planter so we can fill it with soil and plant some strawberries, blueberries carrots, and beans… any other ideas for what we should put in our garden?

Zooming around the yard

Learning how to walk

Some worked hard and others just wanted to have fun!

Bright and beautifully painted rocks!

While walking down by the ocean we picked up some lovely large pebbles. When we bought them home we painted them and then added detail with our felt tip pens.

The kids helped me make a book of opposites. We added objects to make it a sensory book. Fabulous printable that we found on tip junkie.

Emotion Trees

We’ve been working on expressing our feelings over the past few weeks and so we made these wonderful felt hand-trees with googly eyes and emotions. I think next time it would be good to cut out felt faces so that the tree can change their emotion depending on how they feel. So that if a child wants a happy face they can add the happy face, if he wants a scared face then he can add that or a sad face… A thought for next time… This little boy loves the happy, smily¬†faces!!

Scary Monsters

The last craft that i’m going to post for this week is our monsters. With a loo roll, paint, googly eyes and one pipe cleaner we made these fantastic little monsters. A very easy and fun craft that I found on Red Ted’s website.

I hope you all have a great couple of weeks and i’ll be back soon with more activities and craft ideas!

under: Uncategorized

3 Comments

1. By: Allan on June 5, 2012 at 3:38 pm      Reply

You should plant a jelly bean tree in your garden.

• By: Kerry on June 5, 2012 at 4:08 pm      Reply

What a fantastic idea! Can you send me some seeds?!

• By: Allan on June 5, 2012 at 9:10 pm      Reply

Can’t, I ate the seeds!

Leave a response

Your response:

Categories